Meet Dr. Sarah Luem
There are more resources inside you than you can even imagine.
How I work
I have specialized training working with both individuals and couples. I approach our sessions with warmth, energy, and genuineness, and strive to create an atmosphere of trust and mutual dialogue, where together we embark on your journey towards self-discovery.
Incorporating the Spiritual
I also have an affinity for depth psychology, metaphor, and incorporating the spiritual and mythic into our work. You may already identify as spiritual/religious, or you may be yearning for something bigger, something beyond the self that may also serve your self-development in profound and meaningful ways. I believe that a genuine spiritual sense, whatever that may be for YOU, can serve an important adjunct to relational psychotherapeutic work, and welcome individuals from all backgrounds.
Education and Training
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology from the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology (GSAPP) at Rutgers University
- Certificate from the William Alanson White Institute in The Couples Therapy Training and Education Program (CTTEP)
- Training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Training in Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- BA in Psychology from the University of California, Berkeley